The observation platforms of Madrid
Madrid is beautiful at all times of the year and on all sides. However, the best option to admire Madrid is to get a bird’s eye view of the city. The capital of Spain has many observation platforms, from which you can enjoy a beautiful view of the city center in all its’ beauty.
- The observation platform Circulo de Bellas Artes. One of the best observation platforms Circulo de Bellas Artes is located near Plaza de la Cibeles.
Here you can admire a great view of the central square Gran Via and the street of architectural monuments Calle de Alcala, sitting in a small bar with a cup of delicious tea or coffee. The price of entrance ticket is 3 euro.
- The observation platform Templo de Debod. The ancient Egyptian temple, located in the Western park of Madrid, is one of the most beautiful and unusual place of interest of the city. The view of Catedral de la Almudena and Palacio Real from here is incredible.
- The observation platform Catedral de la Almudena. You should visit one of the most beautiful temples of Spain- Catedral de la Almudena (the price of entrance ticket is 6 euro ), paying special attention to the peculiarities of its unique interior. There is an observation platform (located in the dome of the Cathedral), opening the view of Palacio Real (Royal Palace), Palace Square and almost all old part of the city.
- The observation platform Palacio de Cibeles. Palacio de Cibeles, a former telecommuting centre of Madrid, is one of the main decorations of the city center. Here you can find a lot of recreation areas, reading rooms, market places. It is also a place of different cultural events. As for the exhibit rooms, you can visit them free of charge. However, you must pay 2 euros to enter the roof of the building on the 7th floor. From here you can get a breathtaking view of the whole Madrid, including such famous places as Paseo del Prado, Plaza de la Cibeles and Calle de Alcala.
- The observation platform Gourmet Expreience. The department store El Corte Ingles is one of the favorite places of interest of tourists thanks to the big amount of different shops and cafes. There is also a food court Gourmet Expreience, located on the upper floor of the building, opening a great view of the square Gran Via, cathedral and Palacio Real (Royal Palace). You can enjoy delicious food, admiring the center of Madrid in all its’ beauty.
- Teleferico de Madrid (Rope-way). Rope-way is one of the best methods to get a bird’s-eye view of the city center. You can admire Catedral de la Almudena, Palacio Real, Templo de Debod and other buildings. The trip by cable car will give you 11 minutes of delight from the contemplation of beautiful Madrid. The price of return ticket is 5, 80 euro.
- The observation platform Los Jardines de las Vistillas. Los Jardines de las Vistillas are located in historical center of Madrid. The observation platform, located in this park, opens a beautiful view of the amusement park Casa de Campo, Catedral de la Almudena and viaduct. Resting and relaxing on the terrace in the shadow of the trees, you can contemplate their beauty from the height.
- The observation platform Torre Picasso. The grand sky-scraper Torre Picasso, built in 1988, is one of the most notable buildings in the center of Madrid. Until 2001 it was considered the highest building in Spain. Many offices and even a helipad are located there. A lot of tourists visit the tower every day, as from here you can see a commercial center AZCA and other beautiful sky-scrapers. You can get to the tower by metro (station Santiago Bernabeu, line 10, or Nuevos Ministerios).
- The observation platform Hotel Eurostars Madrid Tower. The exquisite hotel Eurostars Madrid Tower is situated in the business center Paseo de la Castellana in the building of 235-meter tower. The luxurious restaurant Volvoreta is located on the 30th floor of the hotel. From here you can admire an incredible view of the town while tasting the best dishes of Mediterranean kitchen. A magnificent view of the city opens from all the hotel rooms.
- The observation platform Parque Serro del Tio Pio. Parque Serro del Tio Pio is a perfect place for the recreation on the landscape, picnic, watching the sunset or sunrise. From here you can see the beautiful view of city from the height of the hills. You should also devote time to the visit of Parque Serro del Tio Pio, to rest from the urban life, meet the most beautiful sunset of your life and make good photos. Visit the observation platforms of Madrid and see the city in a different light!